Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) exam is organized by Chanakya National Law University. It is a national Entrance Exam to be held in the month of May every year. All the students aspiring to study Law must be eagerly waiting for the admissions to happen. The CLAT counseling has begun on 5th June, 2017 which will be online.
CLAT Counseling schedule 2017:
|S.No.||CLAT Counseling Events||Scheduled Date|
|1.||Publication of first list for CLAT 2017 counseling||June 5, 2017|
|2.||Payment of fees for CLAT Counseling (Round I) begins||June 6, 2017|
|3.||Choice locking for allotted seats for Counseling (Round I) begins||June 6, 2017|
|4.||Payment of fees for CLAT Counseling (Round I) ends||June 8, 2017|
|5.||Choice locking for allotted seats for Counseling (Round I) ends||June 8, 2017|
|6.||Publication of second list for CLAT 2017 counseling||June 12, 2017|
|7.||Payment of fees for CLAT Counseling (Round II) begins||June 13, 2017|
|8.||Choice locking for allotted seats for Counseling (Round II) begins/ Exercising option for shifting seats begins||June 13, 2017|
|9.||Payment of fees for CLAT Counseling (Round II) ends||June 14, 2017|
|10.||Choice locking for allotted seats for Counseling (Round II) ends/ Exercising option for shifting seats ends||June 14, 2017|
|11.||Publication of third list for CLAT 2017 counseling||June 19, 2017|
|12.||Payment of fees for CLAT Counseling (Round III) begins||June 20, 2017|
|13.||Choice locking for allotted seats for Counseling (Round III) begins/ Exercising option for shifting seats begins||June 20, 2017|
|14.||Payment of fees for CLAT Counseling (Round III) ends||June 21, 2017|
|15.||Choice locking for allotted seats for Counselling (Round III) ends/ Exercising option for shifting seats ends||June 21, 2017|
|16.||Last date for withdrawal from counseling of CLAT (admission process)||June 21, 2017|
|17.||Publication of fourth list for CLAT 2017 counseling||June 24, 2017|
|18.||Payment of fees for CLAT Counseling (Round IV) begins||June 28, 2017|
|19.||Choice locking for allotted seats for Counseling (Round IV) begins||June 28, 2017|
|20.||Payment of fees for CLAT Counseling (Round IV) ends||June 30, 2017|
|21.||Choice locking for allotted seats for Counseling (Round II) ends||June 30, 2017|
|22.||Complete entire admission formalities by every candidate at the allotted NLUs||June 28 – June 30, 2017|
|23.||Receiving status of admissions from participating NLUs in CLAT office||July 4, 2017|
|24.||Closure of CLAT 2017 admission office||July 6, 2017|
Things to know about CLAT Counseling 2017:
- Based on the CLAT 2017 merit list, the committee releases an indicative seat allotment list.
- Candidates who are shortlisted for CLAT counseling 2017 must register online through the online centralized system.
- Candidates should login to the respective CLAT accounts.
- The students can view the NLU allotted to them as per the first CLAT 2017 seat allotment list and counseling round I.
- They will have to deposit a fees of Rs.50,000 for CLAT 2017 within the specified dates (Check the schedule above).
- Students who fail to pay the fees within the aforementioned dates are liable to lose the allotted seat, their names will be dropped out from the CLAT 2017 merit list.
- After the payment of fees, candidates are offered an option to lock their choices or exercise other counseling options including shifting of seats and withdrawal option.
- Once the seat allotment in round I is finished, the CLAT committee will release another indicative list.
- The CLAT committee would publish such indicative seat allotment lists followed by ‘Seat Lock’ option in CLAT counseling
- Once the CLAT counseling is finished with the seat allotment and reporting of candidates at the respective NLUs, the admission office at CLAT will get closed by July 6, 2017.
Important documents to be carried during CLAT 2017:
Below are the documents the candidates are supposed to carry with themselves for counseling:
- CLAT Application Form 2017
- CLAT Admit Card 2017
- CLAT Score Card
- Class 10th Marks-sheet (For proof of Date of Birth)
- Class 12th Marks-sheet (For proof of Academic Qualification)
- Caste Certificate (If applicable)
- Specially-Abled Certificate (If applicable)
- NRI Certificate (If applicable)
- Sponsored NRI Certificate (If applicable)
- Domicile Certificate (If applicable)
Information about Lock, Upgrade, Withdrawal options:
This option is given to the candidates in each of the counseling rounds after the publication of the indicative seat allotment list. Exercising the ‘Lock’ option in CLAT 2017 counseling will confirm the allotted NLU choice of the counseling round. The ‘lock’ option will not allow the candidate from choosing any other option in NLU in the current session of counseling.
The CLAT committee offers this option from the second round of CLAT counseling. This option is offered to those candidates who attended CLAT round I of counseling. The candidates will be considered automatically for shifting or upgrading to a higher NLU against any vacancy that may arise in the preferred NLU through the candidate’s choice via subsequent allotment list.
This option can be used in two ways. If the candidate fails to deposit the amount of counseling fees, he/she will lose the chance to get admission in NLU counseling and his/her name will be dropped from NLU merit list. All the candidates who are already allotted with NLUs will be offered with the ‘Withdrawal’ option before the final seat allotment list is published. The candidates who wish to withdraw their admission from NLU can do so, but a fee of Rs.10,000 will be deducted before the transfer of balance amount is made to their respective accounts.